Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 4: BUST

So, I have to admit I failed my mission today. Not really because I wasn't willing to get up, but because RIGHT at 5 am, as my alarm was going off, my littlest guy came crying to my bed and crawling in next to me. I mean, SNUGLY next to his Mommy. I knew that if I got out of bed at that point, so would he. 5 am is NOT the time my 4 year old needs to wake up. We would have a MISERABLE day if that happened, because he doesn't nap. You basically have to lay on top of him and force him to stay in the bed to nap. So, my poor hubby fixed his own breakfast this morning. He knew why I wasn't getting out of bed, because I was AWAKE and getting up when all of this occurred, so I told him. I just hope he understands, and I'm sure he does. I still plan to try, at the very least, to get up WITH him, if not before him, on his long weekend off this weekend, and cook breakfast for the entire family. It's also possible that I will have out of town family coming in tomorrow, so then I will be up early cooking for everyone, anyway. Which, I don't mind. I take great joy in cooking for those I love.

My attitude improved a lot yesterday, but went sour again last night. The financial situation is still very dreary, so when I learned that one of our attempts at "helping" it failed, I became overwhelmed again. That's what I get for not leaving it in His hands. I am still coveting your prayers, and I am still praying for you! I am sure, that by now, you are realizing that I was NOT kidding when I said I wasn't perfect ;) So hang in there with me, and we'll take this journey together, "one widdle step, den anudder widdle step, den anudder...." as my little Nate likes to say ;)

Thanks for sticking with me! Here's to a new day, new mercies, and His amazing love ;)


Lamentations 3:22-23

22 The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
His mercies never cease.
23 Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment