Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back To the Grind

Good morning my lovely friends. I pray that you all had a wonderful and safe holiday weekend, and enjoyed spending time with your precious families. I did, and I just sent my amazing hubby off to work. I am thankful he has a job to go to, but it's never easy to get back into the routine of things after a long weekend! I miss him terribly already! In a few short hours I will be telling my Daddy goodbye again as he and his wife drive back home to North Alabama, and the boys and I will get back to "life" as usual. I'm sure this is much the same routine for many of you today.

I managed to get up and cook breakfast for my honey this morning after only two and a half hours of sleep. I was up super late doing dishes and cleaning up the kitchen after last night's delicious dinner and mad rush to the downtown festival and fireworks. I didn't want to leave the mountain of dishes that were in there for this morning, so I stayed up long into the night to finish them. Isn't there something about that here on our mission anyway?

Proverbs 31:18
She makes sure her dealings are profitable;
her lamp burns late into the night.

At least I know I can manage that one pretty effortlessly! Now, ask me how effortless it is this afternoon when I'm struggling to stay awake! God will provide, right?!

How did you do this past week? Did you get up every day and either fix your man breakfast, and/or fix his lunch for the day? Did you walk him to the car and kiss him goodbye? I only missed the one day, because of my wee one, but I did pretty good, and feel confident that this is the "new norm" for me. I do want to make more of an effort to remember to prepare his lunch for him. I did that this morning, and plan to continue it. 

So, with the realization that the getting up before dawn to prepare breakfast part is MUCH easier than I anticipated (it's the staying awake through the afternoon after getting up before dawn part that I'm struggling with! hah!), I am ready to move on to my next challenge. Are you ready to move on with me? Never fear, if not, move at your own pace, and I will keep checking in with you on the breakfast thing! I like our early morning coffee chats anyway :) This week, I think I want to work on verse 25:

Proverbs 31:25
She is clothed with strength and dignity,
and she laughs without fear of the future.

We're still in the midst of a financial crisis, one so severe that we are not sure how we're going to pay this month's rent, which is already 4 days late. But, I know that my God is good, and He is gracious. And I know that He is my provider. And I am going to trust in Him to deliver us from this crisis, in whatever way He sees fit. I'm going to crown myself with HIS strength, and the dignity that comes only by trusting in Him. I am going to take hold of HIS joy, and cling to it! I'm going to laugh my way through this mess! If He chooses not to provide the financial means we need to pay the rent, then we will consider it pure joy that He loves us enough to move us to that place He wants us. He's already done this once in the past year of our lives, and we're all still alive and my hubby is working! If you know me well enough, you know this one is also going to be difficult for me. I am a worrier. No, I correct that statement, I am a STRESSER. I stress out big time over these things. But I need to change that, because Matthew chapter 6 repeatedly tells us not to worry. Read that chapter this week, will you? So, who's with me this week? Are we going to be women with dignity, strength, and JOY? 

I leave you with a few key verses to read, memorize, and recite out loud every time things get difficult on this journey! The first is out of Psalm 18:2:

Psalm 18:2 NLT
The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
and my place of safety.

Cling to that verse. Memorize it. Write it on your mirror, post it on your refrigerator. Don't turn to your own knowledge or strength in a crisis. Don't turn to your friend's strength. Turn to HIS strength. Because only in His strength can you mount up on wings like eagles!

Isaiah 40:31 NLT
But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They willl run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

Only by trusting in God to carry us through our trials can we find the strength to continue on when the walls seem to reach to the heavens! Allow His strength to carry you, and allow His joy to fill you.

James 1:2-4
Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, 
consider it an opportunity for great joy.
For you know that when your faith is tested,
your endurance has a chance to grow.
So let it grow,
for when your endurance is fully developed,
you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. 

So, this week, let's rest in HIS strength, and consider it great joy when we are faced with trials, because through those trials, our faith and our endurance are strengthened! I continue to pray for each of my readers. Those I'm aware of that are reading, I pray for you by name, but I also pray for those who are quietly reading, because though I may not know you, our wonderful Father in Heaven does! See you tomorrow, same place, same time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment