Wednesday, July 6, 2011

This One Is Tough!

Sorry this one's so late. It's been wild! This has to be the toughest of all of the "tasks"! Let me give you a rundown of the time since my last post.

Two and a half hours caught up to me early yesterday afternoon, and I dozed off after sitting down for a bit. In that time, my 4 year old, God love his little soul, decided his "Hot Wheel" needed to take a ride in the microwave. Yep. My microwave is toast. No pun intended. He caught the whole thing on fire. By the time my 11 year old woke me up screaming, the house was filled with smoke, yet no alarm was going off. After I put out the fire and unplugged the microwave, I checked the alarm to find it had NO BATTERIES. Yep... that's a good way to have a smoke alarm: hanging on the ceiling empty. I learned a valuable lesson yesterday. Well, a couple actually. 1. Let the dishes go until morning. It's not worth losing sleep over. and 2. Check the smoke alarm regularly. Thankfully, no one was harmed, we're all safe, and probably even SAFER now. We just have no microwave. I was NOT laughing yesterday. I did NOT have the joy of the LORD!

Last night, when the hubby and I laid down to pray together, I asked God to show my hubby favorably at work, and that somehow the people in charge would recognize him for the work he does for them. Today, that happened. I can't go into detail about it, because the things that were talked about are of a confidential nature right now, but I can say that God is listening to our cries for help in our financial situation, and He answered my prayer by having multiple people make known what a great job my hubby is doing. I love it! It gave me a glimpse of what COULD be part of our future, but for now we will continue to cry out to God for a financial miracle, because that's what we need NOW. What we have learned is a glimpse of a secure future (FINALLY!) but for now, we're still needing that miracle, because things are still BAD. But I am finding it much easier to trust in Him, and rest in His strength tonight after He gave us a glimpse of what He's doing in our favor.

I do need your prayers so desperately! I am SUCH a worrier! It's going to take GOD to break me of this habit! And He's certainly putting on the pressure to help me practice! But, no matter what happens, even if we find ourselves homeless with nothing but the clothes on our backs, I will love Him! And I will serve Him! And I will count my blessings to be loved by Him :)

And today? Today I'm laughing my way through the "Hot" Wheels story. I guess it makes sense to put a "Hot" Wheel in the microwave to a 4 year old! Although his story isn't that funny. He just wanted to watch the car drive around and around, like on a race track. Life is never boring in my house :)

Psalm 47:6-7 NLT

Sing praises to God, sing praises;
sing praises to our King, sing praises!
For God is the King over all the earth.
Praise him with a psalm!

No comments:

Post a Comment