Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Step One

Ok, so where do I begin? Well, I feel like I've got verses 10-14 down pretty good, so I'm going to start in verse 15.

15 She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household
and plan the day's work for her servant girls.


Well, obviously, I have no servant girls. I wish I had servant girls, but then I would be a princess and not a humble wife ;) So, I guess I could interpret that another way by planning my children's activities, chores, and school assignments. We're on summer break right now, so that job is simpler right now! But what I want to concentrate on this week, is the first part of that verse. See, I am NOT a morning person. I LOATHE mornings. My husband, however, is up bright and early, before dawn, every morning, to leave for work. He gets up at 4:45am, leaves the house at 5:45am, drives 45 minutes to an hour in order to pick up employees and be at the job site by 7am. Even on his days off, he's up by 8am at the very latest, and that's really sleeping in for him. So, my goal for this week is to get up at 5am every morning and make my husband breakfast and coffee, and see him off to work, and be awake and ready to feed my children when they wake up. I did it this morning, and my husband was so happy. The joy he felt made me proud to make him happy, and it felt really good to make him feel treasured. Shouldn't our husbands believe, without a doubt, that we TREASURE them? I've spent the last 5 years telling him how much I love and appreciate him, but have I made him feel treasured above all others? My 4 year old gave me precious snuggle time that is so rare between the two of us after his muffin breakfast. So, eggs and toast at 5am? YOU BET! Pray for me, because this is probably THE.MOST.DIFFICULT. of the tasks ahead for me. My husband likes to joke and say "You would like mornings if they came later in the day".

Wonder how long it will take me before he is no longer saying that?

No comments:

Post a Comment