Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 2 of 5 a.m.!

Well, I survived day 2 of crawling out of the bed at 5 a.m. I TRIED to go back to sleep, but my mind is apparently trying to get me out of that habit, so here I am! I did manage to get up a few minutes after 5 this morning, cook my hubby 4 eggs over easy and two pieces of toast with jam, and although neither of us were in a good mood this morning, got my hubby off to work with a kiss and a smile. The boys are still sleeping soundly, and I am in no hurry to wake them! Silence is golden! (but duct tape is silver, right?!)

I do have to admit, however, that I did NOT do it joyfully or willingly this morning. I was up late searching the internet for information on a medical issue with one of my children, and had a hard time falling to sleep last night because I was worrying over it. Yep, there it is. I'm human! I told you. Am I supposed to worry? Of course not. But do I? Yep, you bet. It's one of the many things God is working on in me! I had a good cry out to Him session this morning, so I am feeling slightly better :) But, when my alarm went off, I hit snooze. If my hubby hadn't rolled out of bed when he did (later than usual) I would have gone back to sleep. However, God kept tugging at my conscience to get up and do what I should be doing. (Thanks for those prayers!). When all was said and done, I trudged to the kitchen, made our breakfast, and sat down and ate with my darling hubby. We're both weighted down with some worry right now over some things, so it was a quiet breakfast. I wish I had simply taken his hand and prayed with him, but I let the moment pass, and I cried out to God after he left.

But, I'm still on track. I do appreciate your prayers and encouragement! It means so much to me! I'm praying for you, my readers (all 2 or 3 of you!) also! I do hope that some of you are taking this journey alongside of me! God  is so good, and faithful to love us, even when we fail Him! I feel like sharing one of my absolute favorite scriptures with you this morning. The song that came from this scripture has been running through my heart and soul for the past hour.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NLT)

8 We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. 9 We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed.


And then there is the song, that I think I need to get playing over the speakers this morning! I always get moving and joyful in the Spirit when I hear this song!



Trading My Sorrows
Darrell Evans

I'm trading my sorrow
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

Chorus:
And we say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen

I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
And his joy's gonna be my strength

Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning


I pray you all have a beautiful, blessed day full of God's great love and grace! I pray that we all walk throughout this day imitating the moon, reflecting the light of the Son!

No comments:

Post a Comment