Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Beginning

I want to begin by thanking you for following me on this journey. Let me tell you a little about myself:

My name is Brooke.

I'm married to Philip, aka PJ, and he is truly the one God chose for me. I made mistakes in my younger years and married very young, at the age of 20, after having my precious JRay, to a non-believer. We were married almost 4 years before I decided that I no longer wanted to be a part of the emotional abuse that I received, and filed for divorce. I wouldn't change it now, but I am a divorced Christian. I'm not proud of that, but God makes beauty from ashes :) Now, I am going on 5 years with the man I love and the man I know God intended for me.

I'm a stay at home full-time homeschoooling mom to 2 boys. JRay is 11 and Nate is 4. I love my children with all of my heart, and want to be the best Mommy I can be to them. I want to show them, through my life, what it means to walk in God's love and in His Word.

I am a photographer, crafter, and just an all around do-it-yourselfer. If I can save a few dollars doing it myself, you can bet I will give it my best shot!

 I'm temperamental, selfish, and everything that a Godly woman shouldn't be. So, I'm allowing God to mold me, and to chisel me, piece by piece, into the woman He wants me to be. Hence, my journey to becoming a Proverbs 31 woman.  THAT is the legacy I want to leave, not the image I portray now. He's brought me a long way over the past year, but I still have a LONG way to go.

I am a Christian. That doesn't mean I'm perfect, or better than you. It means I'm forgiven, and am allowing God to mold me and shape me into a new woman, someone who shines with His love. I want to be like the moon, reflecting the light of the SON. I am not afraid to talk about my faith, and what God has delivered me from. I am passionate about sharing the TRUTH of God's Word with anyone I meet.

What This Journey is All About

Satan is constantly attacking my family. He doesn't like that we are choosing to seek God's will for our lives. In the past year we have lost a child to "the system", our home due to unemployment, got a job, a new home, then moved 325 miles away. All the while, God has brought us closer and closer to Him through numerous trials. Recently, we had some major unexpected legal expenses, and this caused a rift between myself and my husband, because I blamed him for not being vigilant about some things. I was up late one night, and God revealed to me that while I have been TELLING my husband that I love and appreciate him, I have not been showing him. I noticed my husband's self-esteem was suffering, and realized that it was MY fault. As his wife, I am supposed to treasure him and build him up, not bring him down. So, I made the decision that I wanted to begin this journey. I want to become the Proverbs 31 wife he needs, the Proverbs 31 mother my children need, and the Proverbs 31 woman this world needs. I'll share with you what I am working on at the moment, what God is revealing to me, how it affects my marriage, my home life, and whatever else the Lord lays on my heart to share with you.

Grab a cup of coffee, a Bible, a notebook, and pull up a chair. Let's take this journey together, shall we?




2 comments:

  1. We have a lot in common! :) Saw your post on Lisa Tuckers FB and came to check it out!

    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vanessa! I look forward to sharing this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete